With a pending decision in the Dobbs Supreme Court case that could potentially overturn Roe v. Wade’s abortion protections, and as the end of Delaware’s legislative session draws near, it’s more important now than ever to engage our communities in the fight to protect abortion access in the First State.
Right now, we have the opportunity to support legislation that will enhance abortion protection and expand access, and in the fall, we’ll have the opportunity to vote for candidates who support abortion healthcare during the midterm elections. Join us at a virtual training to learn how you can become a part of the rising tide of people in Delaware who are standing up for abortion rights.
This training will educate attendees on our reproductive healthcare policy priorities and offer training on how to lobby current elected officials and candidates to lock in their commitment to supporting these measures.
Our priority legislative issues include:
- Funding abortion and doula services through Medicaid;
- Requiring private insurance to cover abortion care without copayment, coinsurance, or deductibles;
- Expanding clinicians who may provide abortions;
- Allowing young people to access abortion freely and safely;
- Guarding against local attempts to restrict abortion access; and
- Addressing disparities in reproductive healthcare access for Black people.
Registration is required in order to attend this event. This event will be recorded.