The Coalition for Smart Justice is a statewide coalition of organizations and individuals who take collective action to advocate for a criminal justice system that fosters public safety by reducing mass incarceration, recidivism, and racial disparities in the system. The Coalition has two primary goals: (1) Cut the prison population in half and (2) challenge the racial disparities in the system.
October 3rd, 4:00 - 5:30 PM
Room 6, Community Service Building
100 W. 10th Street Wilmington, DE 19801
Over 30 organizations from all 3 counties make up the Coalition, including:
- ACLU of Delaware
- Coalition to Dismantle the New Jim Crow
- Delaware Center for Justice, League of Women Voters
- NAACP Delaware, Southern Delaware Alliance for Racial Justice
- Wilmington Hope Commission
- Westminster Presbyterian Church Peace and Justice Work Group
- Unitarian Universalist Delaware Advocacy Network
- And many more
The Coalition meets monthly (with call-in option) to plan and execute legislative and grassroots advocacy, votes before endorsing any actions/bills.
By focusing on respect for every person, and working together, we can change lives.