The Digital Media & Communications Intern will be responsible for managing social media accounts, graphic design, email outreach, and helping to execute communications plans in support of the work of the Communications Department and the many ACLU-DE campaigns.
The Intern will report directly to the Communications Director and work in close collaboration with the Campaign Communications Manager, as well as other staff members when needed. The internship will involve the completion of at least one (1) long-term social media campaign to be designed and executed by the Intern with the guidance and approval of the Communications Director.
This is a part-time (20hrs/week) position with a compensation rate of $18.00 per hour.
The Intern will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Developing content for and posting to the various ACLU-DE social media accounts
- Designing quality graphics for the website and social media
- Creating emails to our supporters
- Adhering to the internal communications calendar and meeting deadlines
- Monitoring the general ACLU email inbox
- Tracking and reporting social media analytics on a monthly basis
- Participating in weekly meetings with the Comms staff
- Attending some in-person events and capturing images and video for social media
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communications skills
- Proven social media management experience
- Comfort and experience with creating video content for social media
- Proficient graphic design skills; familiarity with Canva and/or Adobe Creative Cloud software
- Proficiency in Google Workspace
- Ability to adhere to the ACLU-DE Branding Guidelines
- Passion and enthusiasm for the ACLU’s work and mission
- Familiarity with HTML
- Ability to design animated graphics
How to Apply
Please submit the following to the Communications Director via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line “Intern Applicant [Your Name]”:
- A resume
- A portfolio that includes at least three (3) design samples and links to 1-2 video and/or animated graphic samples*
*Videos can be social media links (IG reels, TikTok videos, etc.) or Dropbox/Google Drive links. You do not need to provide any links to your personal social media accounts, but you can choose to do so for the purposes of demonstrating your social media management skills.