Thank you for your interest! The application window for this position is now closed.
ACLU of Delaware Digital Communications Strategist Job Posting
Founded in 1961, The American Civil Liberties Union of Delaware (ACLU-DE) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that uses legal, legislative, and advocacy approaches to protect and promote a broad range of constitutional rights and freedoms, including justice reform, education equity, free speech, racial justice, reproductive rights, LGBTQ rights, and more. The ACLU of Delaware is an affiliate of the national ACLU, the leading defender of civil liberties guaranteed by our nation’s Bill of Rights.
The ACLU of Delaware is one of this area’s premier public advocacy organizations. Based in Wilmington, Delaware, the ACLU of Delaware is led by a 21-member Board of Directors and a staff of eleven. The Wilmington and broader Delaware communities are vibrant and collegial, and Delaware offers an excellent and affordable quality of life. Wilmington is also close to various attractions, including major cities such as New York City, Philadelphia, and Washington, DC and the beach.
For more information about our organization, please visit www.aclu-de.org.
The ACLU of Delaware is seeking a Digital Communications Strategist to expand our Communications team. This position will primarily oversee the organization’s digital communications in support of our legal, advocacy, and development departments. The ideal candidate will be creative, enthusiastic, mission-focused, and results-driven, using digital platforms and innovative tactics to bring ACLU of Delaware messages to stakeholders, lawmakers, community partners, and an increasingly engaged base of supporters.
This is a full-time position based out of our Wilmington, Delaware office.
The Digital Communications Strategist’s essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Generate web traffic, email, and social media audience engagement and growth by creating and implementing short- and long-term digital communications strategies;
- Assist the Communications Director with designing and implementing full communications plans;
- Collaborate with the Communications Director and staff to identify high-impact opportunities to increase the visibility of our work;
- Maintain a comprehensive digital content calendar;
- Select and work with vendors where needed to assist with digital communications efforts;
- Write content for digital platforms such as blog posts, social media posts, email communications, action alerts and more;
- Design graphics for use on digital platforms;
- Produce HTML emails, action alerts, and forms;
- Use content management systems to update and maintain ACLU-DE websites and schedule digital content;
- Track, analyze, and report on digital communications metrics;
- Manage simultaneous projects and shifting priorities; and
- Promote the values of equity and inclusion in all areas of the organization’s work.
All candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Personally committed to advancing the ACLU’s values, mission, goals and programs, with an understanding of the range of civil liberties issues and their implications;
- Superb organization skills with an ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment while managing several projects on tight deadlines simultaneously and adjusting to frequently shifting priorities;
- A team player who inspires collaboration and functions decisively; flexible and well-organized;
- Outgoing and straightforward; one who shares information easily; listens as well as gives advice; respects the abilities of others;
- Candidates with personal experiences of being incarcerated or otherwise impacted by the criminal/legal system are encouraged to apply;
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 and Google Suite;
- Exceptional writing and editing skills; ability to translate complex ideas into understandable messages that inform and engage targeted audiences;
- Background or experience with video production; and
- Basic graphic design skills;
An ideal candidate would also have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of two years of experience and demonstrated success in communications or related field, preferably in the nonprofit or government sector;
- A history of successful collaboration with people from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds and a broad range of ages, ideological positions, sexual orientations, gender identities, disabilities and religious views;
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro) or Canva, and Slack;
- Experience with email marketing platforms, Drupal, Wordpress, and Salesforce;
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS;
- Fluency in Spanish, Haitian Creole, or other languages is a plus;
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Salary is $40,000 - $60,000 annually, based on experience. Excellent benefits include paid vacation, medical and dental insurance, retirement savings plan, life and long-term disability insurance, and generous paid holidays.
The application window for this position is now closed. Stay tuned for future employement opportunities with ACLU-DE!
The ACLU of Delaware is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU of Delaware encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction.
The ACLU of Delaware is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.