The following letter was sent to all members of the 152nd General Assembly outlining the ACLU-DE's legislative priorities for 2023. Following up on our extensive work in 2022 to defend and protect the civil liberties of Delawareans, the letter describes the key issues and bills the we will be championing in the coming year.
The priorities outlined in the letter include:
- Right to Representation in eviction proceedings;
- Creating an Education Ombudsperson Office;
- Ending double jeopardy of students;
- Protecting undocumented children;
- Medicaid funding of abortion;
- Expanding access to second chances through expungements; and
- Reforming the state’s probation system.