With multiple cases pending at the U.S. Supreme Court, state legislatures across the nation taking aim, and local municipalities weighing in on bans, access to abortion is entering a new phase. Beyond the uncertainty of what may be next, there is hope: Delaware recently protected the right to abortion and ended antiquated criminalization laws.
Hear from national and state experts on the latest news from the courts and where reproductive rights stand in Delaware. This panel discussion will also include ideas for how state and local leaders can expand access to abortion, as well as address economic, environmental, and societal issues that impact reproductive justice.
Panelists & Presenters include:
- Lorie Chaiten, senior staff attorney, ACLU National;
- Nick Beard, chair, Delaware NOW (National Organization for Women);
- Ruth Lytle-Barnaby, president/CEO, Planned Parenthood of Delaware;
- Shané Darby, founder, Black Mothers In Power; and
- Javonne Rich, policy & advocacy director, ACLU Delaware.