ACLU of Delaware Social Media and Graphic Design Internship Description
The ACLU of Delaware (ACLU-DE) seeks a social media and graphic design intern for Fall 2022. This social media and graphic design internship offers the exciting opportunity for a social media virtuoso with graphic design skills to get hands-on experience in a fast-paced environment crafting written and visual content for ACLU-DE’s social media channels.
The social media and graphic design intern will be supervised by the communications director, work closely with the digital communications strategist, and will have opportunities to work in tandem with the whole ACLU-DE team on various issues such as reproductive freedom, voting rights, LGBTQ+ rights, justice system reform, and more.
Time Commitment: 20 hours per week.
Internship Duration: September 19 - December 9, 2022.
Internship Stipend: This is a paid internship opportunity. Details of pay will be discussed and agreed upon during the application process.
Internship Location: This internship is based out of the ACLU-DE office in Wilmington, Delaware, but will primarily be remote unless otherwise noted. Applicants who live in Delaware are preferred.
Roles and Responsibilities
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- One long-term project, agreed upon by the intern and the communications director, to be started and completed during the internship timeline;
- Draft, edit, and post content for ACLU-DE’s social media platforms;
- Create, edit, and optimize graphics for ACLU-DE’s social media platforms;
- Participate in strategy discussions and meetings and provide input on social media strategies;
- Research social media trends and report out to the communications team;
- Handle administrative tasks as needed, such as tracking social media analytics; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
Interns should possess the following:
- Coursework or employment related to the internship;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Excellent graphic design skills;
- Experience in Canva;
- Experience in social media management;
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced working environment;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, and conducting internet research;
- The initiative to see projects through to completion;
- A commitment to civil liberties, civil rights, social justice, and equity and inclusion; and
- Commitment to the mission of the ACLU.
Candidates should submit a resume and portfolio (PDF or online) to Morgan Kelly, communications director, at email@example.com. Please include “Social Media and Graphic Design Internship” in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until August 26, 2022. We will reach out to you if you are selected for an interview.
This opportunity description provides a general but not comprehensive list of the responsibilities of this internship. It does not represent a contract of employment. The ACLU of Delaware reserves the right to change the posting at any time without advance notice.
The ACLU is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status and record of arrest or conviction, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Black people, Indigenous people, people of color; lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and intersex people; women; people with disabilities, protected veterans, and formerly incarcerated individuals are all strongly encouraged to apply.