Other Legal Assistance
- Community Legal Aid Society: a private, non-profit law firm dedicated to equal justice for all. We provide civil legal services to members of our community who have low incomes, disabilities, or who are age 60 and over.
- New Castle County: 302-575-0660, 800-292-7980 (Toll Free)
- Kent County: 302-674-8500, 800-537-8383 (Toll Free)
- Sussex County: 302-856-0038, 800-462-7070 (Toll Free)
- Legal Services Corporation of Delaware, Inc.: private nonprofit law firm that assists low-income families in Delaware.
- New Castle & Sussex Counties: (302) 575-0408
- Kent County: (302) 734-8820
1. Non-criminal cases: To find out if you qualify for free legal help for a non-criminal matter, contact the Legal Help Link:
If you do not qualify for free help, the Lawyer Referral Service may be able to arrange a 30 minute consultation for you with a private lawyer for $35. Both civil and criminal matters can be discussed with lawyers providing this service.
2. Criminal Cases: For criminal matters, you can contact the Office of the Public Defender at:
- New Castle County: 302-577-5200
- Kent County: 302-739-4476
- Sussex County: 302-856-5310
3. Family Cases:
- For civil Family Court issues, you can schedule a free 15-minute consultation with a volunteer attorney at the Self-Help Center of in the New Castle County Courthouse, 2nd floor, 500 N. King Street, Wilmington. Call 302-255-2599 to schedule an appointment.
- For prevention, treatment, and advocacy services for families, visit Child, Inc.
4. Attorney Complaints: If you have a complaint about an attorney, call 302-577-7042.
5. Judge Complaints: If you have a complaint about the conduct of a judge, call 302-856-5229.
6. Employment Discrimination Complaints:
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission 215-440-2600
- Dept. of Labor, Office of Anti-Discrimination 302-761-8200
7. Other Discrimination Complaints:
- Call the Delaware Human Relations Commission at 302-739-4567
- U.S. Dept. of Education, Office of Civil Rights
- Delaware Department of Justice, Division of Civil Rights and Public Trust
8. LGBTQ+ Rights: For LGBTQ+ rights and resources, visit CAMP Rehoboth.
8. Veterans Rights: If you have concerns about Veterans' rights, contact the Widener Law Veterans’ Clinic at 302-477-2100
9. Victim’s Services: Call Victim/Witness Protection at 1-800-870-1790
10. Consumer Protection:
- Call Consumer Protection & Fraud Division at 1-800-220-5424
- Delaware Department of Justice, Office of the Ombudsperson
11. Legal Information: Call Widener Law Library at 302-477-2162
12. Disability Rights: For assistance with obtaining appropriate treatment, freedom from discrimination, access and accommodations, government benefits, special education services, and other rights related to mental or physical disabilities, contact the Community Legal Aid Society Disabilities Law Program. There are no income requirements for services provided by the Program.
- New Castle County: 302-575-0660
- Kent County: 302-674-8500
- Sussex County: 302-856-0038.