Thank you for your interest! The application window for this position has closed.
Time commitment: 8/1/22 - 12/1/22, 6-10 hours per week
Remuneration: This is a paid position. See 'conditions' for more information.
The Social Media Ambassador position helps to facilitate the voter education aspect of the ACLU-DE Voter Campaign. Using social media channels (primarily Instagram), Social Media Ambassadors will serve as online representatives of the ACLU Voter Campaign and its resources, educational and policy priorities, and events. Social Media Ambassadors will engage with their followers to answer questions, share information and guide voters to the ACLU Voter Campaign, VoteDelaware.org.
ACLU Voter Campaign Social Media Ambassadors will work under the direct supervision of the Voter Campaign Manager, Meera Devotta, and the Communications Team.
Voter education and policy priorities include but are not limited to:
New voting methods
Same-day voter registration
Important dates/deadlines reminders
ACLU-DE priority issues
- Facilitate the social media presence and reach of the ACLU Voter Campaign through engaging content creation including but not limited to Instagram reels, posts, and lives
- Serve as a digital point of contact for voters engaging with the ACLU Voter Campaign by answering basic questions about resources, platforms, and events
- Work closely with the ACLU Voter Campaign to maintain and keep up-to-date information available to voters through social media
- Attend weekly virtual meetings with the Voting Rights Team, as well as check-insheck ins with the ACLU Voter Campaign Manager
- Collaborate with the ACLU Voter Campaign to create campaigns and online branding strategies to maintain high levels of social media engagement with Delaware-based voters
- Skilled in social media usage
- Experience with digital content creation
- Ability to exercise creativity and critical thinking
- Excellent communication skills
- Ethical judgment and sound decision-making skills
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Bilingual abilities are considered a strong asset
- Graphic design and skills are considered an asset
The ideal candidate should be passionate about ACLU-DE priority issues and the importance of voter education and engagement in the upcoming election. While there is no age requirement, the candidate should have experience with content creation, and/or familiarity with social media channels (particularly Instagram), and/or a significant online audience base. Candidates must be Delaware based, and will ideally be involved with DE-based advocacy and social justice issues. Black, indigenous, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, people who speak English as a second language, people with disabilities, and formerly incarcerated individuals are all strongly encouraged to participate.
This is a paid position. Social Media Ambassadors will receive a monthly stipend of $500, paid at the end of each month. Payment is contingent on the completion of the agreed upon content.
Prior to the commencement of the term of the contract, each candidate must complete the following:
- Attend a mandatory training session
- Sign a contract outlining the position terms and conditions
The ACLU of Delaware reserves the right to dismiss a Social Media Ambassador at any point during the contract period should an individual violate the terms and conditions of their contract.
To apply, please email the following to ACLU Voter Campaign Manager Meera Devotta at firstname.lastname@example.org, using "Social Media Ambassador application" in the subject line.
- Your resume
- Handles of or links to the social media pages on which you’d like to share ACLU Voter Campaign content.