Making a gift to the ACLU Foundation of Delaware via stock, or other securities (such as bonds or mutual funds), allows you to have an immediate impact on the fight for civil liberties.

Gifts of appreciated stocks or property are particularly advantageous from a tax point of view, especially if you own appreciated stocks on which you would have to pay long-term capital gains tax. Because each tax situation is different, please consult your tax adviser about making a gift of stock.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Can I transfer my stock electronically?

A. Yes, if your stock is held in a brokerage account, you can transfer your gift electronically.

Please provide your broker with the following information:

Account Name: ACLU Foundation of Delaware
Tax ID: 51-0220856
Account #: AZD-940591
Brokerage: M&T Bank

Q. Do I need to notify the ACLU about my stock transfer?

A. Yes, please notify our development director, Melissa Bryson at or call (302) 654-5326 when you transfer stock and provide the following information:

  • Name of the stock
  • Number of shares
  • Your name and address

Q. What is the ACLU Foundation’s tax identification number?

A. Our tax ID number is 51-0220856.

Q. I have other questions. Who do I contact?

A. Please contact our development director, Melissa Bryson at or call (302) 654-5326.