Today, August 31, is the first day Delawareans are able to vote early in the 2022 Primary Election.
Early voting, which runs from August 31 to September 11, allows voters the opportunity to cast their ballot in person on a date that works for them.
We know that voting can feel like a complicated process, so the Delaware Voting Rights Coalition has created a DVRC Primary Election Voter Guide with information about ways to vote in this year’s Primary Election – including early voting.
Here’s some important information on early voting:
- Early voting is available at designated Early Voting Sites from Wednesday, August 31, through Sunday, September 11. You can vote early at any designated early voting site located in your county. There will be no early voting on Sunday, September 4, or Monday, September 5.
- Bring ID when early voting! Voters must show one of the following forms of identification. If you do not have one of these forms of identification, you can sign an affidavit of affirmation that you are the person listed on the election district record.
- State-issued photo ID
- Utility bill
- Any government document with the voter’s name and address
- Not registered to vote yet? Not a problem with same-day voter registration. If you vote in person during the early voting period or on Election Day, Tuesday, September 13, you can register to vote and cast your ballot in one trip to your polling place. Just be sure to bring one of the above forms of identification with you.
- Note: You must register with a political party to participate in the primary election, and brand new voters can do so with same-day registration. However, previously registered voters may not change party affiliation using same-day registration.
Thanks to recent legislation expanding the ways to vote in Delaware, voters have no shortage of options as to how we can cast our ballots in 2022. To learn more about the early voting, vote-by-mail, and same-day registration options available to Delaware voters, visit our DVRC Primary Election Voter Guide.