The Delaware Voting Rights Coalition (DVRC) has launched an organized public education campaign to inform Delaware voters about the upcoming 2023 School Board Elections on Tuesday, May 9. The campaign centers around a comprehensive voter guide, “How to Vote in Delaware’s School Board Elections,” and features information on the races, what voting options are available for voters, as well as links to all the resources any voter will need for more info.
Our guide is available in both English and Spanish. You can check out the guide, download copies, and download social media graphics to help spread the information.
Who we are
We are Delaware's first statewide coalition of voting rights organizations and advocates. Under the umbrella of the Delaware Voting Rights Coalition, we are advocates encouraging voters and policymakers to consider reforms that will improve access to voting. We empower communities, especially communities of color, people who speak English as a second language, people involved in the justice system, people with disabilities, and young people, to identify and remedy barriers to the ballot box. We are ready to work with legislators, local election officials, and the Department of Elections to make these reform recommendations a reality.
- ACLU of Delaware
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. - Epsilon Iota Omega Chapter
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. - Zeta Omega Chapter
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. - Gamma Theta Lambda Chapter
- Anti-Defamation League
- Building People Power
- Central Delaware NAACP Branch
- Coalition of Black Trade Unionists Delaware
- Common Cause Delaware
- Community Legal Aid Society, Inc.
- Delaware Coalition to Dismantle the New Jim Crow
- Delaware Hispanic Commission
- Delaware Laborers — Local 199
- Delaware Poor People's Campaign
- Delaware State AFL-CIO
- Delaware State Association of Letter Carriers
- Delaware United
- Delaware Women for Inclusion
- Delaware Working Families Party
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Wilmington (DE) Alumnae Chapter
- Network Delaware
- Progressive Democrats of Sussex County
- Rank the Vote Delaware
- Sierra Club Delaware Chapter
- Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc., Alpha Nu Sigma Alumnae Chapter
- Southern Delaware Alliance for Racial Justice
- Sussex County Delaware Divine Nine
- Unitarian Universalist Delaware Advocacy Network
- Votamos / We Vote Coalition
- Women’s March Sussex - DE
- YWCA Delaware
- Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc., State of Delaware
What we support
We want to ensure that everyone who has the right to vote can exercise that right in a meaningful, transparent, safe, and secure manner. We support reforms that broaden access for all eligible voters to register and cast their ballots. Specifically, we support reforms that:
- Extend the voter registration deadline through election day
- Ensure that all registered voters are able to cast a mail ballot
- Make ballots widely accessible and easily returnable in each Delaware House District
- Create a reliable process for a voter easily to track their ballot cast by mail and to correct any ballot rejection
- Educate all eligible voters about the option to cast a mail or early vote ballot
- All voter information should be available in multiple languages
- Allow eligible incarcerated voters to successfully cast ballots
- Expand and enhance accessibility of public education materials and events for voters with disabilities
Sign up for DVRC email updates
One thing is at the very core of our democracy: choice. Voters should have options on how we get to exercise that democratic choice.
Read more about our 2023 legislative priorities below.